Housing Contract Mini FAQ
Hendrick House is a residence hall complex comprised of two buildings, East and West. The East building opened in 1967 and has traditional L-shaped hallways with approximately 25 double occupancy rooms per floor, in a six story building. Each room shares the bathroom with the room next door, those neighbors are commonly referred to as the suitemates.
The West Tower opened in 1988 and is a slender, 10-story tower with six spacious rooms per floor, for a total of 56 student occupied rooms. The West Tower is also designed in a suite-style manner, sharing the bathroom with the residents next door.
All bathrooms are semi-private, shared with at least two other people. We do not offer private bathrooms.
Students may sign only one contract for one building. If you wish to change buildings after you sign a contract, you may sign a contract for the other building or occupancy request (double or single) provided there is space available.
East Double/West Double, 14 meal contract
- Sleeping room, 2-person occupancy
- 14 meals are allocated each week
- Meals re-set each week, do not carry over and are not shared
- The designation of East or West is a reference to the building type
East Double/West Double 19 meal contract
- Sleeping room, 2 person occupancy
- 19 meals are allocated each week
- With a 19 meal plan, students may share their meals with other non-residents
- Meals re-set each week and do not carry over
East Single or West Single
- These contracts offer a single occupant in a room that was built and furnished for 2 people
- Each single room shares the bath with one or two other people
- We have 12 rooms that are furnished for single occupancy and are assigned randomly
- Available on a first-come, first-serve basis
Hendrick House offers only about 30 single contracts each year.